May 3, 2016

Old Songs Say It So Well (2)


     BROKEN PROMISES (Ruth Munsey)

     Chorus
     Only broken promises, only broken vows:
     "Tomorrow, Lord, I'll work for you –I see the need so clearly now!"
     But until you heed the Master's call and lift the sinners from their fall,
     These are only broken promises, broken promises...
     That's all.

     Yesterday I saw a sinful land: neglected fields on every hand
     A million souls reached out to me – I cried, "Lord! I'll go willingly!"
     I vowed to make a brand new start:
     "Lord, count on me; I'll do my part..."

     But today, the morning sun arose; a busy day, it soon disclosed;
     I walked in my own willful paths, followed close all my selfish plans
     Those prayerful vows made in the night,
     Forgotten when the sun shone bright...

     For they were... (chorus)



How about you, child of God...servant of the Most High? Are there some promises that need dusting off and keeping?

Millions of souls reach out...


No comments:

Post a Comment