May 12, 2016

The Power of a Tract...

A Gospel Tract and a Jehovah's Witness

How did it happen? Jehovah's Witnesses aren't allowed to read our literature; it is strictly forbidden, under the threat that evil spirits will enter the reader from the literature.

But we're passing out thousands of flyers and tracts, laying the groundwork for our annual Lima crusade this week...

And a Jehovah's Witness leader took one.


His 15-year-old daughter is dying with leukemia. No blood transfusions, though the physicians begged for 19 months...now she's on her last legs. He is desperate.

He took the tract..."WHO IS JESUS --REALLY?" He saw that it was a church he has walked by countless times, without ever so much as turning his head to look at it...but he called. That was two days ago...we couldn't finish the conversation, because the line went dead, and there was no call-back number.

But he called again today. Dad spoke a long time with him. For some reason, the man asked for me to call at 10 PM and pray for his daughter.

I did...he put the phone to her ear. I felt the power of God as I rebuked the cancer and asked Jesus to reveal himself to her and her father.

Her weeping father took the phone...he told me, "She's crying, but she's telling me it's because she's so happy. That when you were praying for her, she began to feel a great heat coursing through her body...(to her: "Don't worry...it'll pass") ––"She's got her hand in the air...she's telling me she doesn't want this feeling to go away."

Then he began to sob, praying, "Lord Jesus, I beg you to forgive me...I've been a prodigal son. But I want to really know you and be your servant...please reveal Yourself to me!"

The power of a tract...


Please help us pray for this man...his leaders and congregation came to him tonight, along with his wife, to cajole, threaten and condemn him. He says he's losing everything, but he's willing...

And he gave blood today for his daughter.



8 comments:

  1. Lord Jesus! Grant healing virtue and bring salvation to this family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing. God is so good! I'll be praying for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! They will be in my prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all of you! Meeting today in an hour...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesus!!!! Do your mighty work, heal and save!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will pray for this family...how encouraging. The Lord bless you Brother and the favor of the Lord go before you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sis. Garcia...but you'll want to read the latest post for more accurate news on this situation ("The Business of Soul-winning Can Hurt").

      Delete