May 3, 2016

Old Songs Say It So Well (1)

     DON'T TAKE JESUS  (Dottie Rambo)

     Take away my earthly wealth and treasure,
     The feeble things I call security;
     Take away the things that bring me pleasure
     But don't take Jesus...He's life to me.

     Take away the child that brought me sunshine,
     The little girl I held upon my knee;
     God can dry my tears and mend this heart of mine
     But don't take Jesus...He's life to me.

     CHORUS
     He's more than life to me, more than life to me
     Don't take Jesus...He's life to me.

          (Listen to it HERE)


He really is everything...more than we realize, until He's all we have left.

We live in a world full of things; we're obsessed with things. Yet the suicide rate is climbing fast; there are more divorces yearly than weddings; consumption of illegal substances is fast becoming legal. More and more are turning to Eastern mysticism, to outright paganism, even to Islam. They seem to be driven by the realization that there is something missing...something without which nothing else really matters. If they can't find it, they drown themselves in substances...or force an end to what seems to be a pointless existence.

Perhaps that is why God sometimes allows His children to be violently stripped of everything the world holds dear ––even the very things He created us to hold dear: to serve as living advertisements to a desperately seeking world of a God Who is sufficient. To speak to them in the only language they understand, and cause them to see that Jesus Christ really is that Something...that Someone they can't do without. To give them irrefutable proof that without Him, nothing makes sense, nothing satisfies, nothing matters. Please don't take Jesus; He really is Life to me.

Sometimes we're missionaries without even knowing it.



5 comments:

  1. Your right Brother Nix until someone experiences the taking away of everything in life can we really know Jesus, the life He is to us. He truly is my everything and life to me. When all fails around me or is crumpling I know Jesus is there. Coming out of sin and walking this life alone with my son's for 17 years+ I can say, please don't take Jesus He is my everything. Praying for You and Peru!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete