Oct 8, 2015

The Promise-Keeping God (photos)

When this missionary resigned the pastorate of the church in Parker, Arizona in January of 2013, my deepest regret was not having been able to leave the congregation in the hands of a good replacement pastor.



I had prayed, long and hard, that God would reward the faithful (and few) saints in Parker with lasting growth and revival, and had asked God to send them a man who was better than I; they needed to be taken to the next level/s in God, and I had done all that I was able to do. Still, I left bolstered by the knowledge of a dream God had given me almost three years before, in which He showed me that what He had started would remain –– but that I wouldn't be there to see what form it would take. However, He graciously revealed to me that the days ahead after my departure would be glorious and blessed days for Parker Pentecostal Church (AKA New Life Tabernacle).

This past Saturday and Sunday, I was given the lofty privilege of visiting Parker Pentecostal Church for the first time since I had left. And though I needed no proof, I was given still further conclusive evidence that...

God answers prayer, and He keeps his promises!

I was very warmly and kindly received by Pastor Jeff Roman and his good wife, who are providing dynamic, spiritual, and visionary leadership to the Parker church, and by the precious saints of the Most High God whom I deeply love ––still faithful, stronger than ever, looking wonderful!



Sunday's sight brought simultaneous desires to weep and to shout for joy at what God is doing!

From the very lean days of a very few years ago, a bus and a van now run every Sunday morning, picking up the many kids and youths that now fill the building for Sunday School!






The building is remodeled and painted...the parking lot is paved and the trees surrounded by islands. What a classy work has been done here!



And the service was drenched with the presence of God...just like old times...but made all the more beautiful by the presence of new souls who have been ushered into the Kingdom of God.



Potluck afterwards, graciously organized by the current pastor in honor of the former one. In reality, it should have been the other way around...but I am very grateful and humbled.




Pastor and Sister Roman, I salute you; God truly answered my prayers and sent someone better than I to a people deserving of the very best.



Saints of God in Parker Pentecostal Church, I am thrilled for you. Thank you so much ––and seize the day, for it truly is your hour!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, I love the Parker church! Brother and Sister Romans have done many great changes, Brother Nix you had a big part in it, you built a strong foundation in the Saints and taught them by example to live and love God no matter the circumstances. Even Glendale VPC has noted your commitment to the Parker church. Everyone has talked greatly of your service Sunday night; we were so blessed with your visit to VPC. Maybe next time I’ll have you sign my Bible :-) !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my joy and privilege to serve those precious folks! They are truly in better hands, and that is what I asked God to do. I'm grateful.

      I was the one blessed by my visit to Glendale. It was good to see you and your son, and all the folks there. God is doing a great work there, and I love and respect your pastor highly. ...And I'll be happy to sign your Bible, though you wouldn't be able to read it. :)

      Delete