Mar 26, 2015

Between the Plow and the Altar

 "Let me be as the bullock which stands between the plough and the altar, to work or to be sacrificed; and let my motto be, "Ready for either." ––Charles Spurgeon
I prepare to travel to an area tomorrow in the Central Andes for their Regional Conference. It is an area which has been through more than can be described on this page. The enemy still is attempting to expand the toehold it has over the part of this area where the Andes join the jungle. There are times when the tension is clearly felt.

VĂ­ctor Arias, an area pastor known to this missionary in the decade of the '80s, ended up on the altar, his throat slit from ear to ear.

Another hero, Rufino Cullahuacho, was miraculously and even angelically delivered time and time again, as he tirelessly pulled the plow for the sake of the Kingdom.



He will be waiting for me tomorrow when I land in Ayacucho; it is an unspeakable privilege to work with and rub shoulders with men like this.
"...Between the plough and the altar...Ready for either."

No less can we offer. May it so be with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment