Mar 6, 2015

Please Pray Today! (Check back for the latest UPDATES)

This is truly the joy of missions!

God has been doing a marvelous work in the nation of Zimbabwe, Africa among Trinitarian believers who are hungry for truth...and now it is spreading to Botswana, Malawi, and who knows where else?!


Over the past couple of years, several hundred people – beginning with their pastors, pastors' wives, and organizational leaders, have been baptized in the only saving Name, the only Name that takes away sin: Jesus! Pastor Greg Riggen (Olathe, KS) sowed seed over a dozen years ago that is finally bearing fruit.

There has been opposition, but the hunger is great – and the opportunities only appear to be growing.

Brother Riggen is in Zimbabwe at this moment, and today will be teaching on the Godhead. Before he left, he posted the following on a ministers' forum:

Brethren,

I leave for Africa on Monday (March 2). We will be traveling first to the city of Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, where we will meet with a mixture of those already converted and some brand new folks we will be trying to convert. The conference will be held Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. After the Sunday morning service, we will drive to Francistown, Botswana, where we will be meeting with an entire organization of Trinitarians to teach them the truth. We baptized the president and secretary of the organization last October, and hope to be as well received by the rest of the group.

Below are his most recent words and a photograph, posted yesterday:


Here is a picture of part of the crowd today. People kept coming in long after this shot was taken. Many people received a revelation of the necessity of Jesus' name baptism today. I'll be teaching on the Godhead tomorrow. Keep us in your prayers.



Can you remember Zimbabwe and Pastor Riggen today in your prayers? Souls are in the balance...

This is the essence of Missions!


UPDATE FROM BROTHER RIGGEN:

Great day today! Many people have committed to be baptized in Jesus' name tomorrow (Saturday). Two bishops have committed to bring their congregations to be baptized as well! God is doing great things! Keep praying!


AND...

I cannot believe that I have forgotten to testify of the phenomenal miracle God has performed for me personally. I told you a little bit about how bad my throat was, but I didn't express it adequately. My voice has been so bad that the last several times I've tried to preach or teach at home, I have had to stop short because my voice just gave out. 

Here in Africa, I rarely have a voice left after the first day -- even when I come with my throat in good condition. On this trip, however, my voice has remained strong and clear the entire time! I have spent several hours in the pulpit each day, and I even preached for over an hour today WITH NO P.A. SYSTEM, and my voice is as clear right now as it has ever been! Thank you all for the prayers!

THIS JUST IN:
We baptized 36 people today -- folks took off wedding rings, earrings, and other jewelry, some bringing it and laying it before the pulpit. What a day we have had!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment